Harris County Pct. 2 Constable Chris Diaz was on familiar ground last Friday, when he was the speaker at the North Channel Chamber’s monthly luncheon. The event was held at the Jacinto City Towne Center, where Diaz was once city councilman, and then Mayor. Accompanying him at the head table was Ana Diaz, his wife and current mayor.
Diaz made a lively presentation, explaining the organization and functions of a Constable’s office.
He explained that the duties break down into these categories:
– Civil Process, which includes process serving and seizure of property, as an officer of the court;
– Criminal and Law Enforcement, including arrests either with a warrant, or without for felonies;
– Patrol and traffic, especially in the unincorporated areas of the Precinct, accident investigation, and task force duties;
– Support, including office and record keeping functions;
– Community Services, including such activities as National Night Out, Easter Egg Hunt, Parades and other events involving participation in the community.