The latest news and information from schools in Channelview ISD are now available on smartphones and mobile devices with a new mobile app launched this week.
The district has partnered with SchoolWires to expand its communications outreach with a mobile app that is now available in the online iTunes® and Google Play® app stores for free.
The Channelview ISD mobile app will offer a constantly updated feed of district news and events with photos and links to the district’s mobile responsive website. The app can also be customized by the user by selecting the schools they are most interested in for news and updates.
Users can also choose to receive push notifications to get breaking news and updates about school closures, calendar changes, or even sports updates.
“We know that our students are more successful in schools when parents are engaged in their learning and school activities,” said Greg Ollis, Superintendent of Channelview ISD. “With our new mobile app, parents and community members can stay connected with our schools and with the activities our students are engaged in every day.”
Parents and the public are encouraged to download this free mobile app to their smartphones by following the instructions below:
To download on your mobile:
• Visit the App Store® on your Apple Device or the Google Play Store® for Androids
• Search “Schoolwires” or Channelview ISD
• Then select the Channelview ISD App for FREE download
• You will need to know your Apple or Google account password. Enter it when prompted.
• When downloading on Apple, please enter your Apple ID when prompted.
• If you are prompted to give a Schoolwires User ID, click the “Skip this Step” link at the bottom of the page.
• For iPad users, they will need to search for it under the iPhone apps.